Tuesday, December 1, 2009

IRISH TOASTS to DRINKING

A bird with one wing can't fly, - said to encourage someone to take a second drink


It is better to spend money like there's no tomorrow than to spend tonight like there's no money!


That the tap may be open when it rusts!


My friends are the best friends
Loyal, willing and able.
Now let's get to drinking!
All glasses off the table!


Here's to a long life and a merry one.
A quick death and an easy one.
A pretty girl and an honest one.
A cold pint ---and another one!


Here's to a temperance supper,
With water in glasses tall,
And coffee and tea to end with --
And me not there at all!


When money's tight and hard to get,
and your horse is also ran,
When all you have is a heap of debt,
a pint of plain is your only man.


Here's to being single...
Drinking doubles...
And seeing triple!


I drink to your health when I'm with you,
I drink to your health when I'm alone,
I drink to your health so often,
I'm starting to worry about my own!


Here's to women's kisses,
and to whiskey, amber clear;
Not as sweet as a woman's kiss,
but a darn sight more sincere!